Sun Peaks Plumbing, Heating and Electrical
For emergencies call our dispatch at 250-879-1737
Licensed Plumbers I Licensed Gas Fitters I Licensed Electricians
Tips to Keep Your Home and Family Safe
What can you do to stay safe?
Keep your home and family safe with these easy tips recommended by FORTIS B.C:
• Keep your gas meter clear of snow, ice, leaves and debris, and don't enclose it.
• Keep the area around your furnace or water heater clear and free from combustibles.
• Keep your gas meter well protected from vehicles in your driveway or carport.
• Only buy gas appliances certified by trusted testing organizations such as the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) or Underwriters Laboratory (UL).
• Have a licensed gas contractor install, inspect and maintain your appliances and vents regularly (in most cases, annually) to ensure they are in good condition.
• Keep your appliance manuals and read them for safe use, care and maintenance instructions.
• Have a licensed gas contractor check the gas pipes in your home for corrosion or other faults.
• Check into a carbon monoxide detector for your home. Its like a smoke detector, but sounds an alarm if too much carbon monoxide builds up in the air.
Learn more about having your appliances serviced or gas safety tips, visit safetyauthority.ca
Safety is in your hands! Remember, if you smell gas, act fast and get out. Keep your cool, get out of the building, leave the area and call for help.
In an emergency, call 911!